persephone mira halliwell
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 07:28 AM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

There was something about China Town that she had always enjoyed, it was not like back in San Francisco, truthfully she liked that one better and planned to return to the city at some point but for now her routes remained in the big city of LA. Crime was huge here so her work was not limited to say the least, it was busy, extremely so, she would often work several cases at once but she was not the only person who did the same work as her so it's not like she was overwhelmed with work.

Today was one of those days where she got time off, a day to herself. Normally it involved sleeping in, walking around in her pajama's for half the day and then reading a book, watching a film or wandering around town. The first action remained the same however she decided to break routine and left her apartment to wander down to China Town, there were supplies she needed, stock she was running low on. Though before she would grab all of that she hit one of her favorite diners up.

Sitting out the front at one of the tables by the gardens surrounding the place she finished her Chinese pancakes and sipped on the sweet tea she had ordered simply enjoying the morning, the calm nature around her, the lack of danger around. Though as a Halliwell she was not stupid enough to think peace would last, she knew at any point anything could happen be it good or bad. She could only hope whatever was going to come her way was good and not the bad.
PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:39 PM
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

Dorian wanted to do this ever since he moved to LA and that was to go to China Town. He wanted to look around for ingredients for a Chinese recipe that he loved. First he needed to sit down some place and have a bit of quiet time to research more on this wonderful place.

He had found a diner and sat down in the gardens. Something about gardens calmed him. He ordered a green tea and sat down. He didn't feel like eating right now the excitement of being here was churning in his stomach. he felt the back of his neck tingle and he turned. Nothing g outbid the ordinary here just people sitting down eating and having a good old chit chat. So why did he feel like something was up?
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 07:58 PM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

There appeared to not be much going on today, though the feeling something would happen nibbled at her, she was not sure what it was but it was something and she did not know if it was good or bad yet. Taking another sip of her tea she noted a new person who had decided to sit down in the area, he seemed familiar, like she had seen him before but she knew she never had. It was almost like her reminded her of someone but the question was who?

Looking away as not to be caught stairing she continued to sip her tea as she tried to contemplate how that man seemed familiar. Maybe he looked like someone she knew or someone she had seen a picture of. Which if she was more awake then she'd have realized that was exactly what it was but her brain was not fully operating yet so she couldn't place who it was exactly that he was ringing bells on. She checked her watch noting the shop would have only recently opened so she'd give them some time to make sure everything was stocked up before she headed in to get the supplies she wanted.

Glancing back to the man the nagging feeling remained there as she frowned a little. Deciding to take a risk she got up with her tea in her hand and walked over to him. "Excuse me. Do you mind if I join you?" she asked him.
PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 04:35 PM
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

Looking around him Dorian saw people of all ages in this place, he could smell the herbs from the outdoor vendors and was imaging rustling up something. The feeling that he was being watched was dawning on him. He could see nothing out of the ordinary. So why was he feeling like this? Like he was on edge constantly. He had this feeling when his biological father contacted him from the Void and that was a while back. It was that same feeling. Was he around again?

He continued drinking his green tea when a woman with brown hair approached and asked if she could join him. "Absolutely, wouldn't mind the company", he replied. She seemed familiar. Maybe he passed her on the street or when on a night out. Whatever the case, he was happy that he was not sitting alone.
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 12:53 AM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

Giving him a small smile she nodded her head and pulled a chair out taking a seat resting her tea on her lap. She was not sure what to do at this point. There was something nagging at her about him but she was not sure how to get to the bottom of it. Maybe small chit chat would help?

"Do you come here often?" she asked him glancing to him. She'd never seen him here before but that didn't mean it was not like he had not come here before. "What brings you here... other than the tea" she smiled a little as she took some more of her own tea and place it on the table. She did not want to come off as a creep or anything and she was not always good at greeting people, communication in general at times, she worked on finding the death of dead people so talking to the living was much more complicated.
PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 04:20 PM
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

Dorian had gave the woman a smile back and gestured for her to take the chair across from him. It was nice sitting here and was about to have a nice conversation with this stranger. He didn't ind getting out there and meeting new people. People seemed to love him when on a night out. But this feeling or maybe a voice in his head was telling him not to trust this woman. But why? Maybe she was someone who could be important to him.

"No, this is my first time. Not long moved here from London", he replied to her question. This lady seemed nice, first impression were an important factor to him and he liked her so far. "Well, I love anything to do with China, plus I want to learn how to do Chinese dishes", he said. Maybe this could be the start of a possible friendship. By the way. My name is Dorian Turner", he said putting his hand out. He hoped that no one would find out who he was.
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 07:29 PM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

Well that explained the somewhat british accent she heard coming from him. Bet he had people flock to him with that accent, didn't hurt that he was somewhat attractive, the eyes really she assumed is what people were drawn to but there was something about them that seemed familiar, he seemed familiar. The nagging question was why though. She'd get to the bottom of it at some point she was determined to, it was just doing it the right way.

"I enjoy Japanese dishes a little more, personally, I find them lighter" she added "Chinese dishes can be very nice though. They do amazing cakes here" she pointed out. She was not sure what else they did, the omletes where good but she was more a sweet tooth, cake cake cake. That was her moto.

When he said his name she somewhat froze for a moment, her muscles tensened for a fraction. She knew that name, well Turner, she knew of a Turner. The guy had tried to kill her mother and aunts once, turned into the Source and an Avatar at some point, died and came back and died and so on. She only knew what had been in the families book of shadows and what she was told, she did not think kindly of the man even if he had loved her mother. There was nothing to state this man was related to Cole though but as she thought on it it did make some sense, he looked a lot like the photo she once saw of Cole. The hair, the stature, those eyes.

Giving a small smile she held her hand out to shake his "Persephone" she said leaving her surname out on purpose. If he was related to Cole who was to say he wouldn't try finish what Cole started at the very beginning or that he wouldn't be out for revenge on her family for killing Cole. She couldn't be too careful.
PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 04:29 PM
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

When she had mentioned that she enjoyed Japanese food over Chinese, Dorian just couldn't help but laugh. "Seriously? Hey, it's whatever you prefer that's the main thing. It's like I have a brother and he loves Italian food over anything else. Always been like that though", he replied. "Ohh, I should have a look at those", he replied after she had mentioned the cakes here. Something more to add to his culinary palette.

She took his hand and said her name. "Nice to meet you Persephone. Unique name", he said. He had noticed that she didn't give her surname but that was fine by him. If she didn't want anyone to know, that was her business and not his. Maybe he reminded her of someone and didn't want to say anymore that her first name. This was going to be an interesting conversation in the long run.
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 07:20 PM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

Was it so hard to believe she enjoyed Japanese food over Chinese? None the less she advised him on the cakes here, they were not like their own heavy ones, the Chinese ones were lighter, less sweet, a strong but elegant flavor to them. They left you feeling fool without feeling heavy. She smiled a little and nodded her head, yes he really should try them.

She in turned introduced herself while her brain contemplated if he was magical or not. "Thank you. It's after the Queen of the Underworld" she added which was kind of funny when she thought about it seeing as her own mother had been Queen of the Underworld for a time and her mother had also been turned into a Goddess of love which alone was also rather amusing when you put who she was into play. "My family has this tradition, we tend to all have P names. I'm not sure how they came up with mine but well one can't complain about being named after a Goddess now can they" she said with a smile.

She did recall him saying he had a brother though "You have a brother? Is he here too?" she asked and by that she meant in LA, how many Turner's were floating around exactly?

PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 08:05 PM
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

Dorian was waiting for her to speak. Something was up he could feel it and not because he was coming up with an illness
"Queen of the Underworld? Never heard of her to be perfectly honest", he replied.

"Wow. Cool tradition your parents has. My middle name is Preston. My surrogate mother named it after her place of birth in England. And Dorian after her favourite book Dorian Gray and no they can't", he finished and smiled. "No my brother is not here. He is back in England running a company. He is CEO of a construction company so he is stuck back there. I wish he was here though. And my sister", he smiled remembering them both.
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 08:18 PM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

He'd never heard of the Greek Goddess Persephone? It was strange, people normally studied history at some point during their education, maybe the Brits did it differently but then again Persephone loved hunting history herself. "She's the Greek Goddess who was kidnapped by Hades the God of the Underworld, brother to Zeus and Demeter who were Persephone's parents. If you go by the myths, the four months in which Persephone resided in the Underworld with her husband Hades is when winter ruled the world." She said with a small shrug of the shoulders. It was not like the underworld that demons lived in or anything, not the one she was used to being part of the magical community.

If she was being perfectly honest she was not sure if she would carry the P tradition on when she had children, she'd try think of something different, name her kids after deities like she had been or after something meaning love or another. The tradition had only been in the past few generations anyway it did not carry out for the three hundred years of bloodline. He explained how his surrogate mother had given him the middle name Preston. She became a little confused, surrogate mother? "So your siblings are your adopted siblings?" she asked, if he was a surrogate child was his surrogate mother a Turner then? She was getting confused, he looked so much like the image she had seen of Cole Turner in the family book of shadows, from what she recalled.

PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 02:32 PM
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

"To be honest. We only learned French. I know some places in England do German or Spanish", he replied. "That's why I probably never heard of them. Always learned about World War 1 and 2 and other wars but nothing about that", he finished.

"Well, they are my surrogate parents biological children. The Rhys Joneses. Didn't know why I was ended up with Turner until I was old enough. I would tell you all about how I ended up where and what I am but it seems weird. It did to me when I first found out about myself and about who my biological parents were", he said. If she knew, she might think he was a weirdo and he didn't want to be locked up for being who he was.
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 07:11 PM
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

She was not fully understanding where he was going with what he was saying about European countries, surely even they learned about Greek history at some point. She tilted her head to the side a little. So really his education was extremely limited, that was a shame for him. "Well it's Ancient History... some fascinating myths actually surround Ancient History. They have the Ancient Egyptian Mummy exhibition on at the moment at the Natural Museum." She added with excitement.

Turning her focus from history to his own she couldn't help but inquire as to who his siblings actually were. So his siblings were the surrogate's kids then. She had to wonder how he ended up with Turner but he seemed extremely hesitant to even mention it. "Your a surrogate child though, what happened to your parents?" she asked him, she'd get around to asking about the rest later, heck she was a witch/cupid what could be stranger than that?
PMWebsite
^
dorian preston turner
 Posted: Today at 08:13 am
36 posts
30 years old
homosexual
© Ceri
N/A

It did suck that his school never learned Greek Mythology or anything cool as he would've loved to learn about them. "Didn't have that as we had a certain curriculum to follow and that didn't involve Ancient History unfortunately. I do love to learn about new things. It fascinates me. Am I right in saying that you love the subject?" Anything that was educational fascinated him. And talking to someone who was interested in something they were passionate about was amazing.

It was a difficult subject to talk about as he was a witch/demon who flamed out of some womb and found himself another. "Yes I am. If your on about my surrogate parents, well they died in a car accident one night when I was eighteen. I was in the car with them. Some how I survived but they didn't. I sometimes blame myself for the accident. I was arguing with my mother over something completely stupid and my dad lost control of the car and crashed. The force of the impact caused my mum to go through the windshield and my dad died in hospital two hours later after a collapsed lung", he recalled the horrific scene and later the death of both his parents. He remembered telling William and Georgiana and seeing the look on their faces. "Hey. Enough about me. I would like to know a little about you?" he replied after almost breaking down in years after telling his story.
PMEmail
^
 Posted: Today at 09:14 am
34 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

HAVING TEA,

Yes one could say he was right in his assumptions, she did love the subject. "Guilty as charged" she said with a raised hand and smile. "Modern history I find is not as satisfying as Ancient History. I can't help but wonder how they did someone of the incredible things they did with the equipment and knowledge base they had. Then I think to myself how more advanced we would be if these cultures had survived." It was all true though she did wonder indeed. Taking a sip of her tea which had started to go cold she couldn't help but ask about his family.

It was always upsetting to hear about someone loosing family. She herself had lost family however no one as close to what he had lost. But that had not been what she had asked, she wanted to know what happened to his parents not his surrogate parents. "I'm sorry for you loss. Loosing loved ones is never an easy ordeal though so long as we remember them then they are never truly lost, their memories, spirits and love remains eternal" she said with a warm smile. "What I am curious about though is you were raised by your surrogate family but what happened to your parents... your biological parents?" she asked. That's what she had wanted to know, why did a surrogate family keep a child when the child was not theirs to keep. Had they kidnapped him or was there something she was missing, like how did he find out his father's name?

"I'm not that interesting I'm afraid" she said. Well she might be but it was hard to talk to someone about her life and what she was when she was unsure if he was magical himself or not. If he was related to Cole Turner there was a chance he had magical powers which meant demonic ones and demons and cupids were not allies in the least. "What is it you want to know?" she asked because this would help her narrow down what he wanted to know about her exactly.
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by lauz @ shine.