THE POWER OF TWO -> Hunted    

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hunted, Arrick
arrick james taylor
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 10:23 PM
22 posts
300 years old
Homosexual
© Mal
N/A

hunted?
prey becomes predator

For someone who was technically an evil being, Pavel seemed to be good company. And since he hadn’t tried to harm him even once since meeting he came to the conclusion Pavel was not a bad person. Just a victim of how things went for him. Arrick always held close that evil was not something inherited or made, but taught and fostered. It was a state of personality and not one of outright species. Though he was sure his reasoning had plenty of holes in it. But he was enjoying his time with a vampire.

Pavel cut his sentence short fast, but Arrick was quicker to catch it. It made him wonder just who Pavel was. But it made him smile a little. “No need to worry yourself over that, it’s not even midnight so we have plenty of time before that happens.” he joked. He looked up to the sky, and not a star was in sight. But the thick and dark clouds were. “Let’s just hope the weather holds up.” he added. The night itself was mild. But the chance for rain was clear. You could smell and feel it in the air.

Arrick listened as Pavel explained the history of him and his family. Which wasn’t uncommon for vampires to turn whole families. It kept the covens strongly connected. But there seemed to be something missing to Pavel’s story. He was leaving out details. But Arrick was able to use those details to get his own opinion of what it was. “So you came from a family involved in a highly conflicted political setting. Or at least that what I’m guessing. And we can leave it there, you do have to relive something that’s painful for you. But grow stronger from it, you survived whatever it was. Despite the scars its given you’re still here to tell the story.” he shrugged. If Pavel didn’t want to disclose the details he wasn't going to force him. After all, he didn’t like telling people about the murder of his own family and coven.

PM
^
pavel maximovich kolesnikov
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 02:20 PM
44 posts
80 (30) years old
homosexual
© Skid
N/A

What A Night To Be Alive---------Sort Of
ARRICK
"Thanks...that means a lot. Some people know my family's story before I meet them, underworld gossip includes even the exiled vampires i guess, and they think because they know the basic story that means they know exactly what we went through. Things are very different in America than they were...even are... in Russia."

Pavel shrugged, there wasn't much else he could say. Arrick might figure out that he is one of the direct dependents of the Russian royal throne but even he sometimes had trouble following the family's storyline. His mother had it worse than him. Pavel only had second hand terror from the hunting of his family both when they were human and when they became vampires.

Pavel smelled the air, it did smell like it would rain but it was probably a few hours off, they would have time. His heightened senses from his bat and wolf transformative abilities came in handy sometimes. He couldn't always detect weather patterns but if there was a scent to go by he usually could tell if it was going to be immediate or a bit later.

"What about your story?" Pavel asked, they hadn't been travelling long in comfortable silence but he considered the whitelighter to be good company, maybe he would reveal more about his royal history as the night continued.

OOC: Sorry it's a little short, I realized I was very confused about the vampire plot line and I needed to go sort it out. hahaha
PMEmail
^
arrick james taylor
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 10:56 PM
22 posts
300 years old
Homosexual
© Mal
N/A

hunted?
prey becomes predator

Russian vampires? Why did that ring a bell? He couldn’t put his finger on it but he was certain he had heard something about Russian vampires a little while ago. But he dropped the thought for now, he could go looking for answers later. But he was happy to have made Pavel a little more comfortable around him. He actually kind of liked the guy, for hi being a vampire and all.

“My story.” he spoke, and breathed out deeply. “My story is a short one unfortunately.” he started off with. And maybe that’s why it always hurt him a little to tell it, that it was so short. That his life was cut off before a prime could even be reached. When it came to the grand scale of thing, he always felt he got a little screwed in the destiny department. “I died when I was 17. Just after I turned 17 to be exact, four days after. My mother was a powerful, led a powerful family. And in one night they were all wiped out by demons. I was given a second chance however. And that’s really all there is to my story.” he spoke. He told it rather plainly. He came to terms with his own death a while ago, but telling it was something personal to him. Pavel had shared his story, so it was only fair. And Arrick felt something of a bond there.

“So.” He started. “What exactly does a vampire do during the day? I know belief is that you sleep but there’s got to be more to that?” he asked, trying to take the conversation elsewhere.

PM
^
pavel maximovich kolesnikov
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 05:24 PM
44 posts
80 (30) years old
homosexual
© Skid
N/A

What A Night To Be Alive---------Sort Of
ARRICK
As Arrick told him about his past Pavel felt the odd little bond between them grow, his family had been hunted before they left Russia and after the transformation his family were hunted even more for what they were. If word got out that they were the true descendants to the Russian throne, it wouldn't matter that Russia was now under a different form of government, his family would be hunted even more ruthlessly than ever before.

He couldn't imagine watching everyone close to him die. Sure, he had lost people to age over his years as a vampire but there was always his family. So far they had been very lucky.

Pavel chuckled, "Yeah, we don't need to sleep all that much. Not that naps aren't necessary on occasion but vampires get a very specific rep when it comes to what does and doesn't happen during the day. Honestly we can have whatever sleep schedule we want we just can't go out in the sunlight. When I did some modelling a few years ago I either arranged for it to be studio work, all indoors and traveled so that I didn't have to worry about sunlight or I only took night jobs."

Even now, Pavel was working as a stripper and his manager always scheduled him for his shift to start an hour to 2 hours after sunset so he could take his time getting to work without any worries. The boss told him once that he could just sleep at the club but Pavel turned him down for several reasons: 1. Pavel liked sleeping in a bed as much as any human might, 2. His boss was under the misconception that he needed to sleep during the day much less at all, and 3. He liked to make a dramatic entrance and doing the walk of shame in yesterdays clothes was not what he had in mind.

PMEmail
^
arrick james taylor
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 07:38 PM
22 posts
300 years old
Homosexual
© Mal
N/A

hunted?
prey becomes predator

Arrick had always had a curiosity in the different species of the underworld. He’d actually been on the forefront of more than one occasion in finding out some of what only came to light recently. The Elders had, in recent years, somewhat loosened the leash they kept on whitelighters and their actions. Which in turn gave them a more independent freedom to work with. But this was a rare occasion, to learn about the vampire race first hand. And he wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity either. So he listened to what Pavel had to say.

“You’re a model?” he asked. Not really in shock. He was a whitelighter but he wasn’t blind, Pavel wasn’t exactly bad looking. “Hm, I probably should’ve guessed that. You’re pretty easy on the eyes if I might be so bold as to say.” He spoke. Arrick didn’t flirt, in fact he knew he was horrible at it. So he stuck to his direct comment. Arrick spoke what he thought and never thought bad of it. He saw no reason in beating around the bush with word. He saw a goal and he went towards it. And that’s just how he was.

“but it seems despite your limitations you’ve made this life work for you in some way or another, something to be admired I suppose.” He smiled. Pavel had taken the cards he’d been dealt and did something with that life. And Arrick could respect that, even if the guy was supposed to be technically evil by association. “Outside of being a whitelighter I don’t really keep a career myself. Being what I am is a job in itself.” He joked. As much as he’d complain about his charges he took his duty to them seriously. Over the years his charges had become his closest friends, some even went to consider him family.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by lauz @ shine.