persephone mira halliwell
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 08:19 PM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S,

It had been 3:00AM when she got a call to attend a crime scene. Normally she hardly worked field, she was the one who was in the office doing all the science stuff, that was her job. Every once in awhile she got to attend a crime scene such as this one. She'd dragged herself from bed and put on a more professional attire to normal. The scene was a brutal one, domestic violence she thought but her job was not to jump to conclusions, her job was get the evidence and assess it and find out the story of the death. She did her part at the scene, found evidence others did not know what to look for and then she went to the office where she spent the next 9 hours running through systems and the victims phone, going through fragments and materials and assessing blood samples. In all that time she ate once and had her boss bring her down an energy drink to keep her going. To make it all more chaotic there was only one other forensic scientist on who was working another case, they were on their own today. She hadn't minded as she tended to get more done and she had. Putting her findings in the envelope she went to hand it over and discuss before leaving.

On her way home she realized she had wanted to chat with her sister today, Patricia, to talk about someone she had run into, Dorian Turner. She made a bee line to where she knew her sister sometimes worked. Opening the doors to the coffee shop she noted it was rather quiet, probably because it was 4:00PM. Though people were there many seemed to be talking and snacking. Glancing around the workers she noted her sister was not among them and sighed a little. Great no chat about someone she thought could be a potential danger to them.

Letting out a sigh she realized she should put something in her stomach, it had been a 12 hour shift and she'd been up for 13 with only one meal. Mind you as she thought about it she did not feel all that hungry, maybe just a drink then. She headed to the counter and looked over the menu on the board. She was not much of a coffee drinker in truth but she somewhat felt an obligation to get one. That's exactly what she did "Hi, am... just a mug of... mocha please with lots of milk, like lots and lots of milk" she said, she had no idea what she was ordering but it sounded like a good drink. Handing her coins over she went to the bar stool and took a seat at the end of the counter.

A small sigh escaped her lips as she pulled her phone out to send her sister a message before putting it away and ran her hands through her hair dropping her head for a moment. A coffee certainly seemed like the right choice, she could fall asleep right here but she forced herself to lift her head and crossed her arms on the bench leaning forwards slightly as she watched the barista. She'd never seen him before, then again why would she have it's not like she came here often. "Busy day?" she asked, it's not like anyone else was at the counter ordering so it was ok to talk, right?

Tag - Ellis Minett
outfit - here
I have no idea what Starbucks's look like over there so i just imagined this one in LA :: here / here
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 11:20 AM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

Ellis had managed to settle into a routine quite easily. There had been no sign of his charge, Persephone, but it would only be a matter of time before they ran into each other. He had been in the ‘business’ long enough to know how it worked. In the meantime, he’d enjoy his life as a human. He lived in an apartment with three other people, pitched in for groceries, had a job as a barista, and had even managed to go on a few dates. It was everything he had wanted to experience. It made him feel alive. But he had a feeling this time off was nearly over and the other shoe would fall soon.

His shift started at noon. The place was packed during lunch hour. Ellis spent most of that time in cashier duty. His co-workers told him that he’d be in charge of the afternoon rush. He didn’t mind. It was part of the job. It was surprising how much he enjoyed being a barista. The last time he was allowed on Earth, he had been a bartender. It was fun. He met a lot of people. But coffee was a different environment. People were always busy. They didn’t want to talk about their problems with the baristas. Some of the regulars did, of course, but they were always an exception. Ellis, after being away from the mortal world for so long, was learning a new arista of human life.

He had finished making some cherry frappuccinos when a shiver ran through his spine. At first, he thought it had been a gust of cold air, but his senses started to become more alert. And then, a sweet voice reached his ears. The ring that he carried in a chain around his neck started to warm up. The woman had to be Persephone. He had no other assignments. The Halliwell girl was his only ‘issue’, so to speak. Ellis went ahead and prepared her order, not ready to have her looking at him as he did. ”Busy day?” She asked and he looked up to give her a small smile. ”Busy hour, actually. It’s pretty dead after lunch hour.” He explained, handing her the mocha with less caffeine than it was supposed to have.

”Long day?” He asked after examining her features. She looked tired. Ellis looked around, reached for a cookie and gave it to her. ”It’s on the house. You look like a dead person walking. I’m Ellis.” He extended his hand out for her to shake.

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 07:42 PM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S,

"Oh" she said nodding her head. That made sense, people coming in for their coffee fix at mid-day. It was fascinating to watch people with their desire for coffee, you have it once and it seemed to hook you onto it, always craving more and more and more. It was probably why she never had any before because she was so worried about the affect it would have on her. Of course there was also the issue that the smell of coffee often made her feel sick. The smell of blood and chemicals she could deal with but coffee was another matter altogether. And yet here she was ordering one and she had no idea what it was she had even ordered.

Thanking him when he handed her the drink she looked at it for a moment, did she need to put sugar in it? She had no idea, this was not territory she knew. Tea yes, this no. As she picked the cup up she observed the top of it before glancing to him and gave a small smile "Yes you could say that" she sighed before deciding to try this drink she had ordered. It was a smoother taste than she expected, hot none the less stupid woman forgot to blow on it as tears sprung to her eyes for a moment, okay blowing next time might be the wise thing to do. What surprised her the most was the fact that she could not taste much coffee at all which had her tilt her head the other way. Interesting.

Noting him holding something out to her she put the cup down and smiled holding back a laugh at his comment. She found that ironic seeing her line of work. Thanking him again as she took the biscuit she could only hope he wouldn’t get into trouble for it, the last thing she wanted to do was get someone in trouble for kindness and sadly she saw it all to often in the world these days.

Ellis was a name she was not familiar with. "I’m Persephone" she said putting the biscuit down and took a hold of his hand "Pleasure to meet you". He seemed like a very nice person had a warmth about him she just was not sure what it was. "I have to be honest, I’m not a coffee person but am, well you might have converted me" she stated with a smile. The drink was not too bad if she was being honest and if it kept her alive until she got home where she would probably fall asleep in her hallway, which she had done before, then he had achieved success without knowing it.

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 04:29 PM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

In all of his years as a Cupid, Ellis had never thought he’d be assigned any important charges. His bosses often commented on how long it took him to get the hang of things. Coop had been with him every step of the way. More than one time, the older being had cleaned up after his messes. When the man left to be a husband and a father, Ellis was a better matchmaker because of him. Yet, no one dared to assign him anything other than humans or a young witch. Persephone came as a surprise. A much welcome surprise that he took as fate’s way to let him repay his mentor back for all the years of training. After all, what better way to thank him than help one of his children find love?

His gaze followed her carefully, gauging her reaction to the drink. She didn’t look like a regular coffee drinker. The lack of caffeine in her order made it obvious. She looked like she needed it, though. Ellis could tell tiredness when he saw it. As she introduced herself, he smiled and fought the urge to reply with an ‘I know’. He had been known to do that with other charges before, which caused a huge mess because their first reaction was that he was stalking them. So, instead, he said, ”Tough name to carry. Are you Queen of the Underworld by any chance?”. It was a strong name. He had thought that as soon as he heard it. Now, seeing its carrier, Ellis could see that it fit her.

She mentioned the drink and he chuckled. “It doesn’t have a lot of coffee.” He leaned over the bar, motioning her to come closer. ”If you’re going to be a coffee person, go to the nice café that’s three blocks away. It’s a tad more expensive, but it’s delicious.” He pulled back and gave her a smile.

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 11:14 PM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S,

She once use to think that herself. When she learned what her name was from, the Greek deity she did feel it for sure. A huge weight to say the least but over the years it decreased and now she found it rather ironic. Comical almost. A smile crossed her face as she let out a laugh and shook her head "No... no I am not" having to stop herself from laughing again. Not at him but the fact she knew someone who had been Queen of the Underworld. "I do work with the dead though" she added with a small nod and slight shrug of her shoulders "Does that count?" she asked him not so much in a serious way, a comical one to say the least.

Of course she never saw herself becoming Queen of the Underworld, least she hoped she never would be for like the goddess she too enjoyed nature too much to leave it behind. The beauty of the world and love humanity had for one another despite all the hardships and cruelty this world bound itself to her. Being a ruler of a place full of chaos and darkness, sorrow and suffering, pain and coldness was not an ideal situation. She hardly went to the Underworld as it was, why would she really it was an awful place. The cupid temple though was another matter, if only to see her father. None of these thoughts she spoke though. The last thing she needed was whom she thought was a mortal to think she was insane.

As he spoke of how the drink had little coffee in it she understood. It was probably why she did not mind it all too much if she was being honest. The coffee was there she could get a taste of it but it was not what she had been expecting, it was much smoother than she had anticipated which was a pleasant surprise for sure. Leaning in slightly when he motion for her to do so though she had no idea why she listened intently to what he was saying and smiled a little. "I see..." she said and returned to her original spot as she picked up the biscuit and broke a bit off "If I'm being honest though... I'm more of a tea kind of person" she added almost giving him an apologetic glance before munching on the biscuit she broke off. There was a lot one could do with tea, you could even make your own with the right herbs and flowers. Touch of honey and you'd have something incredible to drink.

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 09:17 PM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

Ellis laughed along with her. She didn’t know that he was a magical being which made it all more interesting to see her reaction. ”I do work with the dead though. Does that count?” He pretended to think about it. ”Depends on what you do. If you kill them, then yes.” He joked back. His face mirrored her seriousness, but his eyes held a playful glint that let her know he was joking. Of course, it would take a series of unfortunate events for another Halliwell to run the Underworld. It still was funny to think that a being of light and love, like her, was named after the ruler of a place of sorrow and chaos. ”If I may ask, do you know why your parents chose that name?” He had never asked Coop that. If Persephone didn’t know the answer, he’d be sure to find it out. Granted, the Halliwell family had a tradition with names that started with ‘P’. But to choose a name that carried such a connotation? Ellis had a hard time believing they didn’t think about it.

”What kind of tea?” He asked. His favorite one was ginger tea with a touch of mint. Nothing too fancy. Before she could reply, however, a new order was put in place and he had to turn his attention to the new costumer. ”Hold on.” He moved around the area while preparing the new drink. It was a pink thing with lots of sugar and chemicals. He added the whipped cream and the rainbow sprinkles before handing it to the client. It was a man in his early twenties, who just smiled at him before leaving the premises. ”I’m surprised there are no more diabetes cases in this era.” He said, loud enough for Persephone to hear, as he cleaned all the things he used.

”I’m sorry. Where were we?” Ellis remembered something related to tea, but wasn’t quite sure what was said before duty called.

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 11:43 PM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S

Oh she was the furthest thing from a murderer, unless you counted killing demons then yea she was a murderer. "Sadly then I must disappoint" she gave him a small pout before a smile flickered across her features "I only help solve their deaths... in a scientific way". Suppose she had come across a ghost every once in awhile though, but very rarely. She found it amusing how humanity thought they were being haunted when it turns out there is not ghost at all around. Sometimes however they were.

No one had ever asked her about why she was named what she was and suppose she had never asked it herself really. She had to think for a moment, why had they named her Persephone and not something else? It was a good question, she would hand him that much. "Am... well I suppose considering who my parents are they really should have named me Paris after the city of love but they chose the utter opposite." Her eyebrows furrowed for a moment "It might have something to with who my mother once was, they gave me this name in the hopes I did not follow her path... mind you it's not like I'm saying she was a murderer" she made the habit to point that out but really she had no idea as her shoulders slightly slumped and a small sigh escaped her lips. "Tell you what" she bubbly spoke up sitting up straight for a moment "I'll make sure to ask them the next time I see them and then I can come and give you a proper answer, how does that sound?" And it might actually be worthwhile finding out why herself. She did wonder for a moment though what did Ellis mean, she'd not heard that name before, she'd have to look it up, if she remembered to that is.

As he went to make an order she contemplated his question. She liked all sorts really, mainly ones without any form of milk and seemed to greatly enjoy honey in her tea she knew that much. As she observed the people she picked her own drink up making sure to drink it otherwise it would go cold and she assumed coffee, even a drink with little coffee, would not taste very pleasant cold. Watching the order the young man had asked for she smirked a little to herself when he left hearing Ellis comment. "I'm surprised he ordered rainbow sprinkles" she muttered under her breath for him to hear as she took a mouthful of her own drink smiling to herself. Rather amusing actually watching a grown man get rainbow sprinkles on his order but hey each to their own right.

"I believe you said what kind of tea?". She stated as she put her cup down "To which I say, I'm not all too fussed. Normally ones without milk. I like brewing my own, lavender, vanilla and honey I find is really pleasant. Though if I had to pick one as my all time go to it'd be Dragon Tea." She leaned forwards slightly "If you have it make sure you have some strawberries on hand, sip the tea then eat the berry" she smiled and sat up straighter. The tea somehow made the fruit taste much sweeter, she found it to be incredible and it the tea alone was very relaxing it just cleared out all thoughts.

"What of yourself? Or are you more of a coffee person?" She asked him. It was only fair if he was to know her preferred then she should know his.

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 10:40 PM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

Ellis nodded. It sounded like she had an interesting line of work, a little morbid, in his opinion, but interesting nonetheless. ”Let me guess. You're either one of those CSI people or a detective?” He tried to guess, all the while assessing her current state and work outfit. It appeared she worked odd hours. He made a mental note about it since it was relevant to his job. The cupid had learned that when it came to match-making, every single detail counted.

Paris. It was a good name, very fitting considering the circumstances. The brunette in front of him, however, looked nothing like a Paris. If he had to go for a ‘P’ name that fit her, he would go for Pandora or Portia. ”You are making your parents sound kind of terrible.” He joked. His tone was light. He didn't want her to think he actually meant it. Granted, he had not had the pleasure of meeting Phoebe Halliwell, but he knew Coop and the man was an excellent being. Her offer to come back made him smile. ”That sounds good. I’ll be waiting.” It would always be good to see her. She provided good conversation and had a nice sense of humor. Ellis was actually thinking that he’d like to remain her friend, even after she stopped being his charge. It was a feeling that didn't happen often.

”I’m surprised he ordered rainbow sprinkles.” He laughed and nodded. ”The other day a woman walked in and asked for a caramel macchiato with two pumps of caramel and three of mango.” Ellis was certain that most of the clients that came in would develop some sort of diabetes or cancer. It did worry him, but it was not his place to lecture people about how to live their life. The only people he was allowed to worry about were his charges.

She mentioned Dragon Tea. He had never heard of it. ”What does it have and where can you find it?” He was certain he wouldn’t be able to prepare it unless he saw it somewhere else first. The strawberry part, however, sounded quite interesting. It was his favorite fruit, after all. He couldn't dwell much on the tea since she asked what his drinking habits were. ”I guess I drink more coffee because I work here, but I prepare tea at home sometimes.” His roommates called him a ‘grandpa’. Oh they had no idea.

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 01:46 AM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S

She smiled a little and shook her head "Forensic Scientist... I wear a lab coat" she smirked slightly. She worked in an office surrounded by fancy gadgets and high tech. She spent hours testing chemicals and blood samples, weapons and anything put before her to try help solve the murder case put at her desk. She'd help clear someone's name or she could prove if they did it through science alone. She had only recently graduated her degree but she had been working as an intern for a few years, since graduating she was now full time with her own office space. Of course paperwork was a nightmare. She let out a small sigh "Today was my first time at a crime scene without assistance" and she was glad she rarely got asked to the scenes, she was happy working in her lab.

Oh was she? She frowned a little trying to figure him out before smiling and shook her head, her family was complicated to say the least, very complicated. "And what of your family?" she asked him, he had family right? He had to somewhere.

She had no idea what that drink was he was talking about but it did not sound very nice as she scrunched her nose up a little "That does not sound very appealing". Guessed some people ordered some complicated stuff, some sweet stuff, some strong stuff and some plain stuff. Heck even she had ordered a lot of milk with her drink, was that normal? Suppose the important thing was someone got what they ordered and enjoyed the drink.

"China town have it. You want to find Chado Tea shop, and you want the chinese version referred to as Oolong Tea. It's got a lot of antioxidants in it so cancer patients should drink it really but people like you and me can still enjoy it" she gave him a smile. "For me it clears my head, helps me relax... it's just a very nice soothing drink that no honey or sugar needs to be added to". She guessed for everyone it was slightly different but she got a nice buzz from it and always got a great nights sleep when she drank it before bed. It was also supposed to help clean your insides, keep you healthy.

The fact he prepared tea intrigued her as she tilted her head a little, curious as she was "What kind do you prepare?" Did he make it fresh himself or just from the packets?

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 12:21 AM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

“Sounds cool. What made you want to go into that line of work?” He asked, truly curious to hear the answer. It wasn’t a career most people went for. After years of lurking around the planet, Ellis had learned that people leaned toward more “traditional" professions. He had met a lot of lawyers, architects, engineers, journalists and artists. But forensic scientists? One or two if his calculations were correct. He had not spoken to them, though. If he had, he probably wouldn’t be that surprised to what Persephone said next. So she came from a crime scene? That explained why she was tired. ”Oh. How did it go?” Silly question, he realized after it came out of his mouth. ”Sorry”.

”And what of your family?” He shrugged before saying, ”Don’t know. Never met them”. Ellis was certain that it was the perfect opportunity to bring up that he was her Cupid. He knew that the longer he waited, the more awkward it would get. So, he discreetly pulled the ring out to show her. ”One of the many downfalls of the matchmaking job, I guess.” He gave her a small smile before adding, ”I did get to raise and train three girls. You’d like them.” For all intents and purposes, the three young cupids were his family.

He nodded, making a mental note to head down to Chinatown to get the tea. ”I’ll go there sometime this week, then. Thanks for the tip.” He’d let her know how he liked her recommendation. Ellis doubted it would be terrible. ”Ginger with a touch of mint. I use ginger packets, but I add the mint myself. Sometimes, if I’m feeling bold, I’ll add some vanilla in there.” Weird combination of flavors now that he said it out loud, but he enjoyed it.

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 01:12 AM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S

There were several things she guessed that made her want to do forensic science. Where did she start really? "Something... bad happened in my family in the past, I guess that was the turning point for me. I realized I wanted to give families of victims closure, make sure the right criminal was put away, help solve the death of someone" she shrugged slightly. "I also love science". That was no lie, she did love science, she loved ancient history, she loved books and she loved tea.

Of course his question made her smile a little as she shook her head "Your fine" she stated waving a hand. It wasn't really a silly question when she contemplated it. It had been a long tiresome day granted but she had managed to do some good because of it. "I was able to get everything done and get a name for the investigators to investigate through blood found at the scene" a small smile crossed her lips at that. She was also able to confirm fingerprints and much more too from the scene but the scene itself would be prompt in her mind for a bit.

When she asked about his family she cringed slightly at his comment, she didn't see it coming and was sorry she had asked. She was about to state so also assuming he grew up in the foster care but he pulled something out and spoke about matchmaking as her attention narrowed on the ring. Hang on a minute! Reaching out she grabbed his wrist pulling it closer for a moment as she leaned forwards to observe the ring more. Well bloody hell, he was a cupid! Her eyes widened at that for a moment before she let his wrist go almost scoffing at the realization. "It's a very nice ring" she pointed out, she was not sure what to say. It's not like she got to meet a cupid everyday and she hardly got to the temple. So he was here for his charges then, wait did that mean he lived here, on Earth? She let out a small smile at his comments, she was not really processing the whole three girls part more the fact he was a cupid here of all places. "You'd know my father then no doubt" she added before shaking her head "You probably knew exactly who I was the moment I walked in" and yet he hadn't said anything earlier, why?

Anything to help someone find good tea was always worth it. Of course there were many places in Chinatown, she loved it, she should go to Asia one day, the food and smells of herbs and traditional teas, the clothing and landscapes and history. Such glorious history indeed. Ginger huh is what he had, she liked ginger biscuits though in tea one had to be careful not to overload it she found. "Vanilla is like the best thing in the world" she grinned because she thought it was true indeed. "Camomile and Vanilla is what you want to try" she pointed out. She did not know how long he would be here for, Cupids were always traveling around for their charges, she assumed when he was done with whomever his charges were he too would be off so he might as well soak up as much as possible while he could.

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 01:55 PM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

Ellis smiled at her. He had heard of the tragedy that struck the Halliwell family. All the deaths, the persecution, and the big move had reached his ears on one of the many gossip sessions magical beings found themselves in when something big happened. His heart went out to them. It must be terrible to lose a family member in such tragic circumstances. He knew that if something happened to any of his girls, he’d be devastated. But the Halliwells were strong, stronger than he could ever be. Sure, they left their home behind, but they kept fighting and the remaining children showed great strength and promise. Persephone was one of them. “That’s very noble of you”.” He finally said. She loved science, of course, but the reason behind everything was what mattered. She had a good heart and a good head on her shoulders. Ellis knew that it would be a matter of time before his task was fulfilled. He nodded as she explained her work at the crime scene. ”Well, congratulations on a job well done.” He looked at the cashier, who was eyeing him suspiciously. Ellis had forgotten that he was supposed to be working, but no customers had walked in. If they had, he would have gotten back to it.

He nodded as she assessed the ring. It would have been polite to say something earlier, he knew it, but prior experiences had taught him that it was better to wait. Previous charges had hit him the first time he approached them and others had almost vanquished him. Persephone was a Halliwell and probably was more alert than all the other witches. Ellis wasn’t going to risk it. ”I do know your dad. He trained me, actually”. Coop had been like a big brother for him. He had helped him through every screw-up, every mistake, every error that the young Cupid had made. ”And yes, I did know. But only because I’m supposed to recognize my charge”. He hoped that she would understand. Otherwise, he had just made the job harder than it was.

Her suggestions were welcome. “Alright. I’ll try it. I think you should teach me to prepare better tea… not from packets”. He enjoyed human things too much to completely let go of them. Even if he was stationed at the Temple, he would vanish every now and then to get some croissants or cookies. Ellis was a huge fan of the chocolate chip kind.

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 11:25 PM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S

She was not sure if she would call it noble, she never really thought of it that way she just wanted to help others. She was both cupid and witch, she had responsibilities from both sides of the coin but she did not always have time to be doing everything and have a life also, this way she felt like she was constantly doing something to help, giving something back. Glancing between him and the cashier she bit her bottom lip a little "I'm not going to get you into trouble for talking am I?" she asked him quietly. The last thing she wanted was someone working to get in trouble for talking to a customer.

So he did know her father, rather well it seemed. She never imagined her father trained someone before though. Well actually it made sense as he was helping her with her own training and how to work the cupid ring she herself wore on the necklace around her neck right now. "You'll have to tell me about it all one day" because she would love to hear how her father was back in the day, whenever that might have been. There was nothing more fun than digging up dirt on family and then embarrassing them. Like being the sober-bob of the night and telling your friends all the drunken shit they did the next day.

Of course as he was a cupid and he did know her dad she somewhat felt slightly stupid for not picking up on what he was earlier. How careful she had been beating around the bush in their conversations from the assumption he was human. Picking her coffee up as she sipped it furrowing her brow in thought. She did not feel like a fool really but she did feel slightly foolish. More importantly she was curious why a cupid was working in a bistro and not off doing their other job. She'd not known of a cupid doing that before. He truly was an odd character now wasn't he.

Glancing over her cup at him when he mentioned recognizing his charges her mind went blank for a moment before she coughed nearly choking on her drink quickly putting the cupid down and beating on her chest with her hand gasping for air dropping her head. Her throat felt like it was on fire as she swallowed and shook her head "What?" she gasped in a raspy voice before clearing her throat rubbing her chest and glanced to him. "I'm your? No, no no no, not possible. I mean no it's possible but..." she trailed off and frowned even more trying to think. Why did she have a cupid, she was only like 22 years old, you were supposed to have fun and make mistakes and all of that and now she had a cupid.

"Oh I can teach you how to make tea, it's not too hard" she added smiling a little. She was no expert on the art of tea making but she knew what worked and what did not. Not just because she was a witch who made potions but also as a forensic scientist who knew chemistry and had studied plants at one point in her studies. "You just name the place and time and I'll make sure I am free" she nodded her head. He was both barista and cupid so she did not mind working around his schedule.

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
ellis minett
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 02:21 AM
11 posts
+70 years old
N/A
© Alicia
N/A

Ellis laughed and shook his head. “Nah. No one is ordering right now.” He had seen the kids he worked with slack off more than this. There were days in which he felt he was doing all the work but never said anything. It was part of the human experience. If he had wanted a more “grown-up” environment, there were always other career choices. Being a barista gave him a schedule flexible enough for him to be a Cupid. It also allowed his charges to know where to find him in case something was wrong and they couldn’t reach him. Granted, he only had Persephone at the moment and she was still coming to terms with his role in her life.

Oh. She wanted stories of Coop way back then. Ellis could tell her a million of them. “Ask away and I’ll answer. No secrets.” He promised. Curiosity was such a human thing to have. The mind’s need to know everything was amazing. If he had a father, he would have asked the same thing to anyone who claimed to know him. His head would want to fill up with stories about how he was before, what adventures did he go on, what kind of things did he like to do. There were times in which he tried to imagine what his own parents were like. His imagination couldn’t really conjure anything. It was as if they never existed.

“You are.” He chuckled at her reaction. Leave it for a magical being to react that way. He had outed himself to humans who took it in stride. Persephone looked as if she was over thinking everything. ”Look, just because I’m here doesn’t mean you have to find love today or tomorrow. I can be here for as long as you need me. That’s why I have a job, actually. Being among people lets me do my job better.” He’d leave and go back to the Temple if she asked him to. The young Halliwell was his most important charge because she was Coop’s daughter.

Learning to prepare tea excited him beyond belief. Leave it to a Cupid to react that way to something as simple as the hot beverage. ”I work in the afternoons. Everything else and after is fair game. What’s your schedule like?”

•FOR PERSEPHONE•
PM
^
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 11:00 PM
53 posts
22 years old
Straight
© rosa
N/A

COFFEE BLUE'S

Persephone had no idea what to ask him about her father, not yet, nothing was coming to her right now at least but she would think of some things to ask him for sure. She smiled a little "I'll hold you to that" she stated. She'd have to think about it for a bit and then come back to him with some questions, she was sure she would come up with something.

Of course finding out she was his charge though was a shock, sure knowing her father was one thing but finding out she now had a cupid was rather shocking really. I mean it made sense she would have one or would get one but she was also confused. Why did she have a cupid now? Glancing to him she gave him a small look, almost pity and sorry combined. "Oh , sweetheart... you're screwed" she said with a slight smile and shook her head a little letting out a small weak single laugh. The poor fellow would never return home with her track record. "My track record is not exactly... swimming" she stated but he'd already know that wouldn't he. Really she actually felt sorry for any cupid who got stuck with a Halliwell, how many generations suffered loss of loved ones and had doomed relationships. It was rather depressing when she thought about it.

She pulled out some paper and a pen writing down her number though really they were both magical so it's not like they would need to use a phone but still. "Normally I'm working days, but then there are times like today where I get called in extremely early" that made things difficult really. "Just give me a call when you're free and I'll teach you the art of tea... and ask about my dad" she handed over the paper and smiled. "Of course we're both kind of the same so really you'll probably already know if I am free or not" she shrugged her shoulders as she got off her chair. She should probably head home and get some sleep because who knew what tomorrow would be like at work. "It was a pleasure to meet you Ellis."

Tag - Ellis Minett
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by lauz @ shine.