catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here for Cat's attire.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since their late-night chat, Cat Cooper could hardly wait to check out Jonathan's winery. She enjoys wine, but so far, the interest hasn't gone much beyond the drinking of it. She was curious to know what actually went into the making of wine. So, when the appointed day arrived, Cat was practically on pins and needles. She could've gone with a pretty dress, but then again, there was the potential of moving about in the vineyard. So, she went with a pair of straight-leg jeans and a sleeveless blouse. Ballet flats on her feet seemed to bring it all together. She had never been the type of woman who has a million pieces of jewelry on her body or pounds of make-up upon her face. So, it was kept simple..

Since she's never been there before, Cat decided on the safer option of just driving. She also doesn't want to rely upon her powers. She wasn't born with the power to orb, so she didn't want to start taking it for granted. The elders could decide, one day, that she wasn't worthy of the gift anymore and take it away for good. Besides, the art of driving made her feel a bit more normal. Well, as normal as she can feel with her little quirks. As she drove, music played on the radio and she tapped her hands to the beat. It has been a long while since her and Jonathan have spent time together. Sure, there was that night when they encountered each other in the hotel. She was going to see her father for dinner and well..that didn't turn too well. She took a deep breath, as she slowly rounded a turn in the road. They haven't really spoken since that night. He finally gave her some space, after a few rounds of trying to talk to her. She needed the time to think about things. She did want him to be happy. It's just he seemed to think that blindsiding his daughter with a woman at dinner (never mentioning her prior) was okay. Cat didn't think so. Perhaps with this silence between them, he can start to understand why she got so upset that night. Until then, she was trying to figure out why he hid it from her..

Jonathan had met her at the front entrance and that was where the tour began. He showed her around, from where they store the barrels to where the labels get put on the bottles. There was a leisurely walk through part of the vineyard. She took in the sight of the grapes hanging upon the vines, all the neat rows they were growing in..it was amazing to see!

She began mentally kicking herself for not coming to visit sooner.

But of course, the tour drew to a close. Cat was perhaps bummed to see it end, but she was assured that there was a bit more to do.

There was wine to be had..along with food for just the two of them..

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:22 PM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

Jonathan looked forward to showing Cat his winery, even though he doesn't really do that often. He's usually busy at either killing, or taking photos, or going to nightclubs or even dealing with the winery to show someone around it. So when she said she wanted to see it, he made sure that would happen. He also showed her the office and even the other parts of the building itself. What's now left is for tasting the wine and food. So, he led her into the wine cellar which was below the house itself. "Here's where you can test out the wine," he said. "Usually its outside so here you can grab what you want and sit at one of the benches out next to the winery. Or inside the vines itself. Whichever you prefer. So, which wine do you want to taste first?" he walked over to a huge cabinet where each wine bottle is placed. Jonathan opened the double doors and before them was endless rows of wines-about 20 or so. "This is the 20 of many wines sold here. In fact how about you grab a bottle to orb out with? Another one will be in its place anyway. But you can only do that, most of the times people have to buy this."

OOC: Sorry for me to take long dude :(
PMEmail
^
catherine cooper
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 11:59 AM
catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image

Cat followed Jonathan's lead into the wine cellar. Her eyes took in the surroundings, as they descended. Since she met him at the front entrance, Cat continued to be amazed with every stop that they made. Who knew there was so much to learn about wine? Cat was going to be taking a lot away from this day, that's for sure. "Here's where you can test out the wine," She nodded her head, listening to him as he spoke. "Usually its outside so here you can grab what you want and sit at one of the benches out next to the winery. Or inside the vines itself. Whichever you prefer. So, which wine do you want to taste first?" He had walked over to this huge wooden cabinet and she took a few steps forward, curious to see what was inside. Jonathan opened up the double doors and her eyes had widened at the sight of all the bottles residing within it.

There were so many! How could she possibly choose? As she began to look at the bottles, Jonathan spoke up. "This is the 20 of many wines sold here. In fact how about you grab a bottle to orb out with? Another one will be in its place anyway. But you can only do that, most of the times people have to buy this." She glanced at him, as a smirk played at her lips. He was one of the few people who knew about her powers. She trusted Jonathan enough to keep her secret. They've known each other for a long time, so she was sure that he wouldn't betray her.

Anyway..was he wanting her to decide now?

He threw two decisions for her to make, one right after the other.

"How about we test some wine first and then I'll decide what bottle to take?" she replied. It was a fair enough trade, right? Cat soon looked back to the bottles in the cabinet and resumed her search..

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 09:56 PM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

"Fair enough," Jonathan replied as he took out three to four bottles. "We'll try red, white, grape, and another flavor. You test it out first and then I'll test it out soon after. If you like it, give me a thumbs up. For those that you don't, there's a bucket at your left that is used for to spit out the wine and you can spit in that and give me a thumbs down. That way I would also know which that can sell good and which that needs to be done right the second time around." Not to mention, this is for the business as well. He may not be right in the head or would kill someone, but Jonathan was a good businessman. Not to mention, this was his birthright despite what his parents or sisters thought. He set the bottles down onto a table on their right that also had some wine glasses. "Okay, Kitty Cat, which would you like to start with first?"

OOC: Sorry its soooooooooo short dude.
PMEmail
^
catherine cooper
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 12:28 PM
catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image

A moment came and went. "Fair enough," Cat couldn't help but to crack a little smirk, as he began taking bottles out of the cabinet. "We'll try red, white, grape, and another flavor. You test it out first and then I'll test it out soon after. If you like it, give me a thumbs up. For those that you don't, there's a bucket at your left that is used for to spit out the wine and you can spit in that and give me a thumbs down. That way I would also know which that can sell good and which that needs to be done right the second time around." Cat nodded her head, listening as Jonathan explained how things were going to play out. Was she going to be a bit of a test subject for him? With wine involved, she was willing to take on the role. I mean, she will be helping her friend and his business. "Sounds good to me." she said.

Cat watched as he set the bottles onto a table. Wine glasses were already set up over there. She looked at him when he spoke up, meeting her friend's eyes. "Okay, Kitty Cat, which would you like to start with first?" She let out a soft "hmmm" as she moved to look at the bottles, leaning forward slightly. A few moments came and went. She briefly bit her lower lip as she looked. Once she seemed to make a decision in her mind, she stood back up and glanced at Jonathan.

A little smile touched her lips. "The white, I think." she said.

OOC: No worries!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:09 AM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

"Okay," Jonathan said. He poured her a glass of the wine she picked out and handed it to her. "Let me know what you think." While he waited for her to answer, he got out his cellphone since there was a new text message that was coming in. He raised a finger at her to wait for him for a second and then went to the text message. He rolled his eyes, typed a message and then stuffed the cellphone into the back of his pants. In fact, he's going to let someone hold the dang phone since he isn't in the mood for this for the rest of the day. "I'll be right back. When I come back, let me know what you think. I just need to do something." With that, he walked out of the room, head up to his secretary's office and then grabbed his phone from his pocket and shoved it to her. "Marcie, tell whoever was sending me these fucking messages to knock it off or I'm going to raise some hell."
"You got it."
"And keep it with you for the rest of the day."
"Do you want me to handle it?"
"Duh. I'll be back. I am just showing someone the wine and she's testing it out. I'll be back."
Marcie nodded. Jonathan walked out of the room and head straight back to the cellar where Cat was. "I'm back. So, what do you think?"

OOC: Yay I can post again. https://s26.postimg.cc/adbx4ho6h/shiny_01.gif sorry for the late reply dude.
PMEmail
^
catherine cooper
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 04:39 PM
catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image

Cat might not know a lot about wine in general, but she has attended a couple of wine tastings before.

They usually start things off with white and then move into the red wine. If there was dessert wine to be had, then it would get tasted last. Cat figured that this tasting was no different and so, she chose the white. "Okay," Jonathan had said, seeming like he was satisfied with her choice. Then again, he could've been satisfied with whatever choice she made. She watched her friend as he poured her a glass of the white. There may have been a light brushing of fingertips when the glass had exchanged hands. She looked to meet her friend's eyes. Cat didn't know about Jonathan, but there was a faint flutter inside her stomach. They have been friends for a long time. Where was this feeling coming from?

Before she could dwell upon its origins, Jonathan's voice distracted her thoughts. "Let me know what you think." She gave him a nod of the head, while bringing the glass up to her nose. "Will do." she replied with a half-smile. A moment came and went, as she began to smell the wine. At first, she didn't smell much. But when she smelled it again, Cat could smell..was that vanilla? As she was figuring out what she was smelling, Jonathan's phone went off. Cat barely caught the raised finger he gave her, but understood what it meant. She shifted to taking a taste of the wine, when she caught sight of Jonathan rolling his eyes. She paused in her tasting, wondering what was up with him. She was about to ask what was going on, when he spoke up and beat her to the punch. "I'll be right back. When I come back, let me know what you think. I just need to do something." She nodded her head. "I'll be here." she said, before watching his retreating backside. She took a deep breath, glancing down at the wine in her glass. It was a nice color..

In his brief absence, Cat finally took a sip of the wine and...she liked it.

Her earlier assumptions of smelling vanilla were confirmed in her tasting. It coated her tongue. It wasn't sweet, which was nice. Unless it was meant to be sweet, she didn't like her wine sweet. A smile touched upon her lips. Soon enough, Jonathan returned. "I'm back. So, what do you think?" he said. A moment had passed by. With her free hand, she gave him a thumbs-up. "I like it." she began, as she glanced at the wine glass in her hand. She glanced back at Jonathan before continuing with "I can taste..vanilla.." She took another sniff of the wine. "..it's subtle.." she added, before taking another sip of the wine.

This time, she savored it in her mouth before swallowing. Cat may have let out a little "Mmm" once she did swallow the sip..

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 01:33 AM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

As soon as he saw the thumbs up, he smiled. He normally doesn't smile that much unless if he's satisfied with the kill he did or when someone was saying something he didn't like and he wanted to creep the heck out of them. But with his good ol' Kitty Cat here, he would smile for the heck of it because she does that-of making him smile. "That's good! This is actually a new one for the company-vanilla white wine. People would think its a piece of shit but its one of the best ones there is. Okay. What about...this one?" he pointed to the next bottle. There's about three to four flavors for each ones and he's saving the best for last-the red one. He didn't notice earlier when their fingers slightly touched but he pushed that aside. Its not like they were in love or anything. Heck, its not the first time they touched since she had to orb him to somewhere and hold onto his hand, so there. "By the way, be sure to take a bottle with you for your home. But don't tell anyone."

OOC: Sorry for the late reply and daw at your postie!
PMEmail
^
catherine cooper
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 09:57 PM
catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image

After Cat gave him a thumbs-up, she caught sight of the smile that touched upon his lips.

In all the time that she's known him; Jonathan seems like he's the type of person who smiles when there's a reason for it.

That's what they seemed to have in common: they're not the perky type.That wouldn't be their style. His words brought her back to the present. "That's good! This is actually a new one for the company-vanilla white wine. People would think its a piece of shit but its one of the best ones there is. Okay. What about...this one? Cat had slightly raised an eyebrow at the part where people would think its shit. How dare they? She found it to be delicious! Well, more for me then, Kitty Cat thought to herself.

Whatever was lingering in her wine glass; it didn't last long.

She gave him a nod of her head, as soon as she was ready for a taste from the next bottle. She could only wonder what she'll taste next. Will it be dry? Will it be sweet? Will it be somewhere in between?

As she waited for the next one to be poured, Cat took a deep breath and looked over at her friend. In the back of her mind, she seemed to replay the brushing of their fingers and what feeling was brought forth. This wasn't the first time they've touched. When they had run into each other a while back, she ended up orbing (with him in tow) to a liquor store before going back to her room. They had held hands during that trip. She didn't feel anything back then, but this time around, she did feel something. It was different and she doesn't know why. "By the way, be sure to take a bottle with you for your home. But don't tell anyone." She grinned, as she gave a slight chuckle before speaking. "I haven't forgotten, Jonathan.." she began. That's one thing she wouldn't forget about. "And besides, who am I going to tell?" she added with a shrug.

She was telling him the truth. Unless he told her to do otherwise, she was going to keep it between two of them..

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 01:12 AM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

Jonathan lent out a little chuckle. "Good point. Are you so sure about that? Surely you have other friends beside from me." He knows she's also a whitelighter since she told him. Okay actually a witchlighter but still. And that she has charges. He wasn't sure about those "charges" that much because quite frankly, Jonathan doesn't give two cents about that. Or them in general. He's always like that. But would she indeed tell them? That's the last thing he needs is more people wanting free wine. Then he won't sell them! "But, then, again, you know me for a long time as I know you. I know you wouldn't. Oh, by the way, if you want to, go ahead. But aside from you, only TWO. Got that? Not eighteen. Two. No more than of that. Anyway, try the next bottle." He pushed the third bottle towards her. "Tell me what you think."

OOC: I think she told him about Wy and Chris. Oh you can come up with the wine https://s26.postimg.cc/adbx4ho6h/shiny_01.gif
PMEmail
^
catherine cooper
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 03:23 PM
catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image

A smile had touched upon Cat's lips as Jonathan let out a little chuckle. "Good point. Are you so sure about that? Surely you have other friends beside from me." She gave a slight shrug of her shoulders. "Not very many." she replied. Outside of her co-workers at Coyote Ugly, a couple of her neighbors, Wyatt, Chris, Jonathan, her father...Cat doesn't interact with a lot of people. Sure, there's the occasional conversation with a stranger while she's working or walking around somewhere, but that's about it. For Cat, it takes a bit of work to consider anyone as a friend.

She's hesitant about letting other people get too close. She doesn't know if she'll end up losing them or not..

Before she could dwell upon the thought, Jonathan's voice pulled her attention back to him. "But, then, again, you know me for a long time as I know you. I know you wouldn't. Oh, by the way, if you want to, go ahead. But aside from you, only TWO. Got that? Not eighteen. Two. No more than of that. Anyway, try the next bottle." Cat had nodded her head as he spoke. He also gave her permission to tell you two other people, but just two. She thought about it for a moment, before deciding that there wasn't anybody else that she had the urge to tell. Jonathan had pushed the third bottle towards her. "Tell me what you think." It looked to be either the grape wine or the other flavor. She couldn't tell them apart at first glance. As the wine was poured, it looked a bit pink in her glass. When she shifted to smell the wine, there wasn't much on the nose. She smelled once more. There were hints of something interesting, but she couldn't quite place what she was smelling. A moment passed by two of them.

Now, it was time to taste. Cat had lifted the glass up to her lips and took a mere taste of its contents. This wasn't the grape one. She could tell that much, right off the bat. It was different from any other wine that she's tasted before. Things were starting off nice and a little bit sweet, the right amount of sweetness in her book. Then, things seemed to shift as the liquid remained in her mouth. Was that becoming a bit...sour? Was that supposed to happen? She might've made a face; slightly pursing her lips at what she was tasting. She managed to swallow the taste, but the feeling of sourness lingered inside her mouth.

"Um..was that supposed to be sour?" Cat couldn't help but to ask.

It started off sweet and juicy, almost like a cherry, but then the flavor changed.

Cat wasn't sure if she liked the sour aspect of things..

OOC: I'm sure she did tell him! She probably kept the details of them being Charmed a secret, though. Also, I came up with a sour cherry idea for the next wine. Don't think she's a fan ^^ lol

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: May 22 2018, 01:57 AM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

"Hm, no. It is supposed to be cherry. Who the hell made it sour? I specifically asked for it to be cherry..." and then he thought about it. Someone did say it would be great to be sour cherry. But it sounded stupid and he can tell it wouldn't sell right, especially by Cat's expression. "Okay so when did it taste sour, was it at the end? Because if so, we would have to take this," he pushed that bottle aside, "back to the factory itself and start over again. In the meantime, try this one." He pushed another towards her. "I'll be right back. When I come back, let me know if you like that one there. I wouldn't be too long." Nope, because he's going to fire someone. That person that suggested that stupid idea. He took the bottle that Cat had just drank from and asked was it supposed to be sour, and head into the next room. He found the person who was talking to an employer and thrust it into her hands. "Take this bottle with you and drink all of it up. Consider this your parting gift. Don't even show your fucking face around here again, got it?"
"What?"
"You're fired. Get your ass out of here, right now or I'll personally throw you out!"
"You can't talk to me like that." Jonathan took out his switch knife and pressed it against her throat after he opened it.
"Oh yeah?"
The woman gulped. "I'll pack up my stuff at my work place."
"Good girl. Now get. If I see you again, I'll kill you. If you ever fucking tell someone, I'll kill you and then use your blood for a fucking wine. Got it?" the woman nodded. He closed the knife, stuffed it in his pocket and then walked away back to the testing room. "Sorry, I had to do something. So, how did it taste? Is it better than the other one?"

OOC: Dude I am so sorry for the late reply and woot https://s26.postimg.cc/adbx4ho6h/shiny_01.gif plus, whoa at Jonny. Glad Kitty Cat wasn't in THAT room.
PMEmail
^
catherine cooper
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 12:46 AM
catherine cooper
WITCHLIGHTER
243 posts
25 years old
heterosexual
© Jules
N/A

user posted image

"Hm, no. It is supposed to be cherry. Who the hell made it sour? I specifically asked for it to be cherry..." Cat gave a slight shrug of her shoulders. She had no clue who would think a sour cherry wine was a good idea. Perhaps in a hard cider, but not a wine. A couple of moments had passed between the two of them. The gears must be turning in his head right now. Cat could only stand by and wait for him to speak..

She didn't have to wait long. "Okay so when did it taste sour, was it at the end? Because if so, we would have to take this," She nodded her head a little bit, as Jonathan pushed the bottle aside. It started off sweet, then turned sour. "back to the factory itself and start over again. In the meantime, try this one." Her gaze drifted down to the bottle that he was pushing towards her. "I'll be right back. When I come back, let me know if you like that one there. I wouldn't be too long." She barely had a moment to say "I'll be here." before Jonathan left the room. She wasn't going anywhere. Once Jonathan was gone, she took a deep breath and looked down at her wine glass. There was a bit of the sour one lingering within. She then looked about for a bucket to dump the remainder of it. No more of that was going to touch her tongue...that's for sure. When she found one; she bid good riddance to the sour and soon turned her attention to the next wine. Cat was sure that it's going to be good.

She began to pour it into her glass and as she was turning the bottle upright, a couple of drops fell onto her hand.

The wine was a reddish-purple sort of color. It was an interesting color; to say the least.

Before they could drip off her hand and onto the floor; Cat took the opportunity to quickly lick them off. In the back of her mind, she knew that Jonathan would've made a smart-ass comment if he caught her doing that. She wouldn't put it past him. She then took a small sip of the wine, just as Jonathan came through the doorway. "Sorry, I had to do something. So, how did it taste? Is it better than the other one?" While meeting his eyes, Cat held up a finger. If she tried to speak at all, the wine will be spilling out of her mouth and down her chin. That wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Based on what she was tasting; this was the grape one he mentioned. This was definitely better than the sour one, but so far, the vanilla wine was her favorite. After savoring it for a moment, Cat swallowed the sip and cracked a half-smile. "It is better than the previous one, that's for sure. Is this the grape one?" she responded, making a slight gesture to her glass. She was pretty sure that it was, but it never hurt to double-check..

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
jonathan richard hopkins
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 02:46 AM
17 posts
28 years old
bisexual
© Tia
N/A

Jonathan gave her a nod of his head. "Mhm. This one here is vanilla wine." He pointed to the one she just drank. "I think it would sell well. The grape one was just brewed earlier, to be exact. Okay, how about three more and then I'll show you the grapes?" Last thing he needs is a drunk witchlighter in his place. He can't have that. "Good thing you have that..thing you do. Otherwise if you get drunk, I would have drove you home. So, Kitty, question. So far, from all that you had tasted, which is your favorite? Or should we wait until after all of the wine were tested first before you answer the question?" He was actually glad it was her that was here. Normally, he doesn't take that much people up here. Not even his victims. He sticks to nightclubs for that but not take them to a winery and have them test out the wine. He feels more comfortable with Cat than of anyone else. He's still unsure why, though.

OOC: Dude Jonny is so sorry for being late. *snugs*
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skinned by ree of shine. cfs by black. read the full credits here.